Vimu Media Player for TV .APK Download
Advanced media player for Android TV and Google TV.
Version: Varies with device
What's new in version Varies with device- Resuming video with the same audio and subtitle track selected previously.
- Added "-thumb" and "-poster" postfixes for possible cover names.
- Increased minimum buffer to for playback start to 3,5 sec.
- Fixed H264 and H265 seeking on some devices with incorrect streams.
- Fixed: initially selected audio track was not the first one in some cases.
- Fixed: resolution adaptation enabled by default.
- Fixed local playback of file with "+" in the name.
App DescriptionAdvanced media player for Android TV and Google TV devices.
- One minute setup!
- Optimized for the TV.
- Support for most common file formats: MKV, AVI, MP4, MOV, FLV, TS, MPTS, WMV, DIVX, 3GP, VOB, MP3, FLAC, ALAC, JPEG (depends on device capabilities).
- Hardware decoding up to 4k (HEVC/VP9) on Android TV for compatible devices.
- Grid, list and double list navigation.
- Works as UPnP Renderer (DLNA Push) on Android TV.
- Simple and fast Leanback UI for Android TV.
- Android TV Picture-in-Picture mode support (7.0+).
- Navigation and playback from internal storage, SD cards and USB drives.
- Navigation and playback from Windows shares (SMB).
- Navigation, search and playback from UPnP/DLNA servers.
- Navigation and playback from WebDAV servers.
- Navigation and playback from NFS servers.
- Switching audio tracks in multilingual files.
- AC3, EAC3, DTS pass-through on Android TV.
- Support for external SRT subtitles in any encoding (you need to have an srt (lower case extension) file in the same directory as your movie file like movie.mkv and movie.srt).
- Support for embedded MKV, MP4 in SSA/ASS,, SRT, DVBSub and VOBSub formats
- M3U playlists support.
- Streaming (progressive download) from HTTP/HTTPS sources.
This app is ONLY compatible with TV boxes and TV-sets. Tablets and phones are not supported!
OFFICIAL SUPPORT FORUMS:
Google Group: https://groups.google.com/group/gtvbox
UPnP/DLNA streaming is reported to work with Twonky, Logitech Media Server, TVersity, TVMOBiLi, Mediatomb, XBMC/Kodi and Plex Media Server. SRT subtitles are supported from some servers. MKV subtitles are supported on all servers (if no transcoding). Covers and sheets are NOT supported for UPnP/DLNA, however ViMu will display covers/thumbnails provided by your server.
UPnP indexing and search feature is proven to work with Twonky, Logitech Media Server and Kodi.
If you have no sound while playback, your video file might have unsupported audio track (like DTS).
If some of your files fail to play you can get REFUND for 3 days after purchase.
Apps is compatible with all official Android TV and Google TV units.
App MAY BE compatible with some non-official TV Boxes based on Android 6.0 and higher.
Note, that Google TV only supports a legacy version of the app. Not all advertised features will be available.
- Support AV1 video on compatible devices.
- Improved DV support detection for different devices.
- Improved TrueHD pass-through compatibility.
- Fixed external storage access on Android 10.
- Various bug fixes.
- Dolby Vision playback for MKV (for compatible devices).
- Exif rotation support for photos.
- Folders are now marked with icon in list mode.
- Fixed TrueHD pass-through.
- Fixed incorrect audio track description.
- Improved performance of text-based subtitles.
- Updated ExoPlayer2 engine.
- Optimized SMBv2 streaming.
- Fixed playback of some audio files.
- Improved pass-through supported formats detection for engine v.2.
- Fixes in UI.
- Improved pass-through format check.
- Added support for multichannel PCM.
- Added Turkish translation.
- Added subtitle color setting.
- Added resolution adaptation function for HD/UHD.
- Improved detection of covers from separate image files.
- API now returns duration of played video to calling app.
- MPEG-DASH URLs are always launched in ExoPlayer.
- ExoPlayer was updated.
Ratings and Reviews
Rating: 3.9 / 5 - 742 votes
I spent days and days of trying to get 5.1 sound on my TCL TV. Nothing worked but this app. Thank you!
Works very well and intuitively for DLNA sharing. Wasn't able to get it to work at all with SMB, unfortunately (Windows 10 host), but the overall performance and features of the app are worth 5 stars anyway. Totally worth the $.
All of sudden subtitles formats like PGS, VOBSUB, DVDsub stopped working. Its due to latest update. I think there is some bug in recent update.
Pretty good player Need to add Video Resume feature, its enabled by default but i want to disable it and cannot do so.
Can you please add option to change font to a one from a file on a device, like mx player can do?
|Category||Video Players & Editors Apps|
|Latest Version||Varies with device|
|Compatibility||Android 2.3+ (SDK 9)|
Vimu Media Player for TV Varies with device (1)
Added on: 2021-05-02
File Size: 1 MB
Compatibility: Android 2.3+ (SDK 9)